Corona Virus Resources
I know this is a rough time right now everyone. Below are some resources that can support you and your families during this time.
Parents Laid Off? Trouble Paying the Bills? Parents Undocumented? Need Food?
Check out the resources below.
- Free Meals at Grab and Go Food Centers LAUSD- This is the way to get free food at various locations in L.A. Note: These centers will be operating during the summer months as well!
- L.A. Food Bank Food Pantry Locator- Just type in your address to find a food bank with free food for you and your family.
- Disaster Relief Assistance for Immigrants- This is the way to apply for the assistance for undocumented immigrants right now. They are super overwhelmed on the phone lines. Keep calling until you get through! It says here that "A maximum of two adults per household can qualify for this assistance, for a total of $1,000 per household. A household is defined as individuals who live, shop, and prepare meals together." They will help people on a first come, first served basis and use the money until it runs out.
- COVID-19 Referrals and Resources- This is from Kid-City.
- County extends eviction moratorium through June 30- So you still can't be evicted (legally, anyway) for not paying rent... Here's the official LA City info on rent protections.
- Does your family have a gas bill? If so, there is some help for paying that bill here: SoCalGas CAREs. Also, there is some access to help Paying Energy Bills in general.
- Pandemic EBT- Get more $ for food! Here is the same info in Spanish.
- Need to apply for Unemployment? Here's some info on that. It's a guide to help you get started. "Undocumented workers are not eligible to receive unemployment insurance because they lack work authorization," from this Guide to COVID-19 for Immigrant Californians. (page 8) Here's the same guide in Spanish.
- Relief Funds For Undocumented Workers in California- This is a list of organizations that are offering relief funds (cash) to workers who have been laid off in certain industries. Look through here and see if there's one you can apply to in order to get help to pay bills!
- Undocumented Workers' Employment Rights- It's important to know that workers have rights! And there are ways to get legal help.
- Immigrants Rising Tangible Support for Undocumented Communities During Covid-19- This list has a lot of different links in it. Scroll through it and check for the ones that may help your family.
- Covid19 Los Angeles Community Resources- This list has a lot of different links in it with specific resources for L.A. Things like were to get free food, medical care, housing assistance, etc.
- Executive Order by CA Governor Halting Evictions- Just to let you know- Governor Newsom has declared a moratorium on evictions until May 31st. So if your family can't actually pay rent, legally you can not be evicted.
- LA Mayor's Office of Immigrant Affairs, COVID-19 Info and Resources- More links to get help!
- Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights- They have a helpline you can call and information on medical healthcare as well.
COVID-19 Resources for Community Members - If you need access to resources like food, housing, healthcare, support for the elderly, incarcerated individuals, and more, check this document.
Students- Are you struggling to be productive and get your work done? Do you need inspiration and support? Check out the links below!
EMOTIONAL SUPPORT DURING COVID-19
Thank you to Ms. McClean for alerting me to these resources.
Stressed? Need some resources?
Mental Health Resources
HOW TO KEEP READING AT HOME!
READ ALOUDS by Ms. Hollis
Here's a link to the video on YouTube of my screencast for this project:
You can also directly view the mp4 below.
UPCOMING READING EVENTS!
Listen to Dav Pilkey (Author/Illustrator of Dog Man) Read from his books and Learn How to Draw
TO FIND MORE VIRTUAL READING EVENTS, CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW: