The Library Club
When do we meet?
The Library Club meets on Thursdays after school (when school is in session!)
What do we do?
In The Library Club we:
- take care of the library- shelving books, creating displays, decorating for the holidays and making the library look nice.
- read books in our Book Club:
- We read "The Hate U Give" by Angie Thomas in September-October, 2019.
- We read "I'm Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter" by Erika Sanchez in Dec, 2019- Jan, 2020.
- We read "It's Kind of a Funny Story" by Ned Vizzini in Feb-March, 2020.
- During the school closure, we read "Delirium" by Lauren Oliver in April-May, 2020.
- We are currently reading "Parable of the Sower" by Octavia Butler (September-October, 2020)
- plan reading-related events and activities for the Ortho community (for example, we gave out free books to families at Back to School Night).
- go on field trips to local elementary schools to read to little kids (we went to 10th Street Elementary on March 6th, 2020 and we had a blast!).
- play educational games like Boggle, Scrabble, Balderdash, Set and Blokus.
Why should I join?
- It's fun!
- You meet new people!
- You get to talk about books and reading!
- You get a voice in how the library looks and feels!
Look at the Winners of the Bookmark Contest!
Dia de los Muertos!