The Library Club
- take care of the library- checking out books, shelving books, creating displays, decorating for the holidays and making the library look nice.
- plan reading-related events and activities for the Ortho community (for example, we gave out free books to families at Back to School Night, made slime on Halloween, decorated Sugar Skulls for Dia de los Muertos and had a Bookmark Contest).
- go on field trips to local elementary schools to read to little kids (we went to 20th Street Elementary in March, 2022 and 10th Street Elementary in March, 2020 and we had a blast!).
- play educational games like Boggle, Scrabble, Balderdash, Set and Blokus.
- It's fun!
- You meet new people!
- You get to talk about books and reading!
- You get a voice in how the library looks and feels!
Book Truck Visit to Ortho, March 2022
Winners of Spring, 2022 Bookmark Contest
Winners of the Spring, 2020 Bookmark Contest
Playing Games in the Library!
Club Rush 2022
Making Stress Balls in the Library, Final Exams, 2021
Club Rush, 2019
Making Sugar Skills for Dia de los Muertos 2021
Making Sugar Skulls for Dia de los Muertos, 2019
Making Slime for Halloween, 2019